Wednesday 17 November 2010

Trigger Happy

I waited all day for the magic phone call from the clinic to confirm if I will be taking my HCG trigger injection tonight and if so, at what time. From what I've read the timing is crucial as they will perform my egg collection about 36 hours later. By 3:30pm I grew tired of waiting and called the clinic, they said they were just working on it and I should expect a call soon . . . waited some more and then they finally called at 4:30pm with all the details -
  • Take my last Suprecur nasal spray sniff tonight as usual
  • Take the HCG trigger injection (Ovitrelle) at 11pm 
  • Don't worry about the air bubble, just inject
  • Thursday will be a drug-free day (woo hoo)
  • Light breakfast before 8am, no food/drink after this time
  • Report to the clinic for 9am
  • OH will produce his sample at the clinic (nice)
  • I'll be in theatre about 10:30am (eek)
  • I can watch the egg collection on the screen
I think the nurse on the phone could sense my fear, she reassured me and told me everything would be ok, I managed to hold it together until I put the phone down. I had a big rush of emotion and literally just burst into tears, good job no one else was in the office (wuss I know).
i.am.petrified. I think it's the fear of the unknown and the thought of needing all those drugs to get through the procedure scares me. My evening didn't improve much, I'm feeling pretty emotional and overwhelmed by it all. I wish I could share half the drugs and procedures with my OH, might make it less scary, instead I feel alone again today . . . just want the procedure over and done with.
So my trigger is at 11pm so I thought I'd write my blog entry now and then I will update it either later tonight or tomorrow, I figure I might be best going straight to bed afterwards, after a quick tweet of course ;-)

Update post trigger


I did it, bang on 11pm, woo hoo, trigger happy.
Despite Dr Google, it did not sting at all, it was not as easy as the Gonal F stimm injections, the needle didn't glide in as smoothly but other than that it was ok.

Come on eggies.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on triggering. I am wishing you lots of success and hoping that the retrieval goes by quickly and easily. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on triggering!!! SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case I don't get a chance to tweet before you go in tomorrow I just wanted to wish you loads of luck for a quick and smooth procedure. Will be thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your well wishes, really appreciate it xx

    ReplyDelete