Tuesday 23 November 2010

Fab 5

When the Lucky 7 became the Fab 5, please grow embies, grow and stay strong!

I knew the excitement from yesterday wouldn't last that long, I spoke too soon. If I'm honest, I'm a little gutted that we lost another two embryo's, poor embies :-( I know I just need to be realistic and remember that it's better that the embryo's that are not good enough are better out than in, I still don't know any grading yet so not sure how strong the Fab 5 are.

I'm still set for a Day 5 blastocyst transfer tomorrow, I have to call the clinic in the morning to check on how the embryo's are doing (I'm worried as I know Day 4 to Day 5 is a huge step) and then all being well (#hope) I will be having my transfer in the afternoon.

I've been wondering about the fresh pineapple thing, it's apparently supposed to help with the embryo transfer sticking, I'm a sucker for these things. I've read some conflicting reports though, some say eat the fresh pineapple and others say just the fresh juice (not from concentrate).  My lovely Twitterers (thank you) tell me that eating fresh pineapple (from the core if possible) for 3 - 5 days after transfer is good.  I think I read something about Brazil nuts too.

Here's hoping my Fab 5 make it through the night.

3 comments: