Friday 5 November 2010

Shooting Up!

It's my first stimming injection day, repeated the mantras several times this evening, LOL!
  • Take one day at a time
  • Be strong
  • I can do this
I can do this, errr can I!!? eeeeek
I was in denial for most of the day, too preoccupied with work (guess it does have its uses sometimes) . . . I knew I could do it, I was just feeling petrified about having to prick myself with the needle for the first time, millions of people do it and are fine I'm sure!  
 


I got everything out, all nice and straight :-) To psych myself up I watched the video again and then once more for good measure, right, I can do this!


Alcohol swabs at the ready too!  I've posted  a picture of the needle too in case any one wants to see, it's fairly small, but suddenly looks way bigger as you're about to stab it in :-)
Consulted my notes (several times), whilst my OH stood by (camera at the ready) with encouraging excited smiles, I'm looking petrified (obviously!).
Videoing it was banned this evening, need to concentrate!

3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .
No, can't do it, LOL.

3 . . . 2 . . . stab, ha! :)


Easy peasy. The scariest bit is stabbing the needle in, once it's in you really can't feel it. I clicked in the doses and I thought you would be able to feel the drugs going in at each click, but surprisingly you can't. In my relief I lifted my thumb off the plunger button for a second or two (d'oh), but quickly put it back on before withdrawing the needle.
What a relief.  OH observes closely to see emergence of a second head, no sign so far ;-)

4 comments: