Thursday 7 October 2010

The Night Before (eek)

Work is S-T-R-E-S-S-F-U-L full stop. 
It shouldn't be, but it is.
Circumstances outside of my control have made it so and it makes me sad, not good timing. Actually my work "thing" warrants a blog of it's own, it takes up so much brain space that I refuse to blog about about it too, end of.

So, I guess you could say I'm not in the best place (mind or body), especially with my Dad's recent ill health which was unexpected, impeccable timing again. 
In a bid to R-E-L-A-X and chill out given the big day ahead we headed out to the local pub for some drinks with friends. Was a bit off the wine (what is going on??), couldn't concentrate and I even felt a tad bit irritable (this does not bode well, I'm having the blummin' side effects and I haven't even started the drugs yet?!).  I think part of the problem is that there are only a few trusted friends know of our 'situation', but it's not the easiest topic to suddenly bring up . . . What are you doing this weekend?  . . . err I'm starting fertility treatment . . .  Did you see the Apprentice last night?
Instead, I always opt for the easy option, but on a brave face (bloody sick of putting on a brave face, life is not fair).  Anyhoo, I made it through the evening, I come home and very carefully assembled my nasal spray, tested it works (it does), read the package insert (again) and I'm all set for the morning (eek).

No comments:

Post a Comment