Sunday 3 October 2010

Hello, I'm Moon!

Hello hello, I'm Moon and this is my first ever blog, a newbie (eeek!)  . . . I'm a little bit scared but I thought why not . . . I'm about to embark on my first IVF / ICSI cycle and so I might as well go all out and try blogging.
I'm hoping it will be therapeutic for me to write down how I'm feeling to get me through what seems to be a very scary journey, meet others who are feeling the same and hopefully help each other by sharing experiences (the good, the bad and the ugly, I wanna hear them all).
Mmm so where to start . . . a little background about me first:

Name: Moon (my pseudo name for now)
Age: 32
Status: Married for 6 years although we have been together for almost 14 years (yikes)
Female Fertility History: Several investigations for suspected endometriosis in 2006 - 2007 and after a few months back on oral contraceptives to help subside the symptoms we were advised to try to conceive sooner rather than later. Symptom free from early 2008 onwards.
TTC:  Since June 2008
Male Fertility History: As a routine check before being referred for ART we received diagnosis of male infertility issues in April 2009 (low sperm count and motility)
Referrals: Referred to Lister Hospital in September 2009. Ultrasound in October 2009 and HSG in January 2010, both reported as normal. Referred to Bourn Hall in May 2010.
IVF / ICSI Cycle 1: Down regulating scheduled to start on CD21 on 8-October 2010

I can't actually believe I'm doing this (both the blog and the fertility treatment), but there you go, I've started now, no going back.
 
Hmm the name of the blog "Moon on Stick", well I couldn't get Moon on a Stick so I've had to settle for this one, who needs the little filler words anyway.  It's an ongoing joke between my OH and I that I always want what I can't have . . . big house, zillion Prada handbags, moon on a stick . . . little did I know that having a child would be so far from my reach, literally it's like I'm asking for the moon on a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment