Friday 5 August 2011

Auntie Moon

I’m on my twitter break and I have to say it feel a little weeeird, I haven’t decided if it’s a good or a bad thing yet, it’s probably a good thing as my tweets would have just been too whiny! I’ve been struggling somewhat in my down regulation phase this time, I have an array of aches and pains and generally feel pretty exhausted and down with what life continues to throw at me.

Technically I am now an auntie, my brother/crazy SIL had a baby boy a few days earlier than expected. Over the past week I have had some limited contact with my brother and I’ve been hearing filtered information through my mum, bless her, she is stuck in the middle of all this too.  As always, I am the bigger person, I haven’t mentioned the stunt my SIL played the other week that I mentioned in my last post, instead I passed on my congratulations and sent a card and gift. My parents are visiting their first grandchild right now, I don’t expect to be included but it still makes me sad as there is no resolution to this horrid situation right now.

I found out earlier this week that my dad has been told he is diabetic and is now on medication to help control this. Who keeps throwing these things at me!

I had my baseline scan earlier this week (a good old date with Mr Wandy again, oh how I haven't missed you), despite all the odd aches and pains there is nothing untoward happening in there thankfully and I started my new stimulation medications that same day. I’m trying Menopur this time (rather than Gonal F) just to see if it makes a difference to our embryos. The mixing of the powder and solvent seems quite straightforward, although some days I’m having 3 injections to be able to get the right dose from multiple bottles, ouch!  I’m having quite a bit of injection site pain, especially as the day goes on as my IVF bloat is now reappearing and stretches my tummy area!

I’m hoping I’ll start to feel better now that I’m on the Menopur, hopefully I’m growing fabulous follies inside.

Goodie Bag

8 comments:

  1. Grow follies, grow!!! Thinking of you! Ever since I went back to work, my Twitter time has been severely restricted. I'm sorry about your Brother/SIL, but I'm glad you made some contact. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on becoming an aunty Moonie! Sorry the brother/SIL situation is still ongoing. I enjoyed my twitter break. Stick to it but if you need some support don't be afraid to rejoin us. Really behind you for this cycle. It is so hard mentally and physically! Jealous you got to have your meet up in London. Wish I was there a few weeks later! Here for you Moonie. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Moon- I'm so sorry about your brother and sister in law situation. I had hoped that when they became parents, they might finally grow-up and realize how unfair they are being.

    I admire you for being such a better person.

    Wishing you the best on your twitter break and as you go into IVF 3. Hope with all my heart this is it. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh, I hope that SIL begins to mellow now that her little one is here. You deserve to be with your family, including your brother and his baby!

    We're just starting IVF, too! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind comments and support, I appreciate it very much!
    Mwah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to add mine, sorry it's late...you know what I hope for you Moonie, just take it one step at a time and keep the hope alive. Hope the bro/sil situation sorts itself out but in the meantime just take care of yourself. They can wait. Here for you always xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ms Moonie

    Great news to hear you are now on your stims for IVF 3 - very exciting! Take this time to focus on YOU and to not let your SIL get you down by 'taking'your energy! As you said, you are the better person, and maybe you could think about having 'secret squirrel'conversations with your bro so your SIL doesn't find out?!

    Best of luck on this cycle. Everything crossed for you and Mr Moon xxx

    Saleschick

    ReplyDelete