Saturday 5 February 2011

Yum Yum in My Tum

I've been suffering from jet-lag this past week so have fallen behind a little on my blogging, plus if I admit it I think I've been hiding too as it's difficult to come back from a lovely holiday and face reality. 

After my last post we spent a few more days in Kuala Lumpur with OH's family, luckily we had no further car drama's but we did continue to stuff our faces will all things spicy :-)
Now, this photo may not look that appetising, but trust me, it is delicious! This is a 'steamboat' restaurant. Each table has a portable cooking pot with it's own gas supply (novel), the pot is split into two sections, one side has tom yam soup, the other side clear soup and you basically steam fish, tofu, noodles and vegetables at your table, the hot soup is completely addictive, yum yum in my tum.
We then headed back to Thailand to have a few days of much needed relaxing time on our own and chose an amazing resort called Indigo Pearl, where every fitting and fixture was in their tin-mining theme, pretty cool. It's their peak dry season there at the moment but we did experience some freakish weather, our first evening there was mad thunderstorms and lightening for about 2 hours, we lost all power and got ready for the evening by torch light (thank you iPhone!), made it interesting though.  We did have grand ideas of taking a boat trip to the Phi Phi islands, but it didn't take long after we arrived to decide we were firmly staying put, the resort was really nice and we didn't want to leave.  
I was hoping that these few days I could really relax and get away from everything and forget my worries . . . felt like it was impossible though to completely forget, infertility is such a big part of our lives now so not sure who I was trying to kid by thinking I could forget it all.  We did have a relaxing time though, our days mainly consisted of laying by the pool, laying by the beach, drinking cocktails, napping, reading and more laying by the pool and laying by the beach. There was a spa on the resort so we treated ourselves to a couples massage and facial, OH skipped the facial and had a steam bath instead though :-) Ironically, the spa package I chose was called a pregnancy package (if only!), this was the only one that had a massage and facial combined so I went for it anyway and very quickly explained ha haa, keep smiling, I'm not pregnant but can I have it anyway, ha haa, keep smiling. What I didn't bargain for was to come away with 12 insect bites, yes 12!! Now, anyone that knows me knows that Moon and insects are NOT FRIENDS, EVER. I tend to have some over-reaction to insect bites and the result is not very pretty, enormous lumps and bumps. Doesn't matter how strong the repellent is and whether I have dosed myself up on antihistamines it happens every time, in fact, it's quite boring now :-) After one trip to the chemist and two very sleepless nights I was better just in time to come home. Just to make sure that I truly had a break from it all, Aunt Flo also made her appearance on my last day, fan-bloody-tastic. Anyhoo, we really did have a lovely time though, and it was really nice to be away and only have to worry about where to sunbathe today and which restaurant to eat in, we had an amazing room, I beat OH at pool (once!) and it was hot hot hot. I read a book called One Day by David Nicholls, a good holiday read that I'd recommend, and I'm about half way through Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert which also seems quite good so far.

Whilst I was away, Shona over at aPGDblog was kind enough to give me a blog award, yay for me. Thanks Shona, I really appreciate it, if you haven't seen Shona's blog, please go over and read her story.

Here are the rules for the acceptance of the award:
  • Thank and link back to the person who awarded you the award.
  • Share 7 things about yourself.
  • Award 15 other bloggers.
  • Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
Here are the 7 things about me that you may not already know . . .

1. My little kitty cat is called Macy, she was a rescue cat and I love her to bits.


2. I have an unknown allergy and carry an EpiPen (adrenaline). A couple of years ago in Malaysia I suffered an anaphylactic reaction to something I ate (very scary!!) but I have been unable to identify the cause.

3. I have a love hate relationship with snowboarding.

4. I have OCD tendencies and like things to be straight :-)

5. I hate cinnamon.

6. I have this weird fascination with the Gherkin building in London.

7. I miss who I used to be before infertility.

Here are the peeps I'd like to give the award to (in no particular order) . . .

A PGD Blog (rules are for breaking so I'm linking back to you) 

On another note, I've had an eventful week in terms of our TTC journey, on our first day back to work we also had our follow up appointment to discuss our failed cycle (in hindsight, perhaps not a great idea for my first day back, not sure what I was thinking!) and on Friday we had our first appointment with a potential new clinic . . . will blog about this soon.

5 comments:

  1. Hello lovely Moon, your holiday sounds so amazing ...apart from the insect bites! I absolutely love Malaysian food, there's always so much gorgeous things to choose from mmmmm! (mouth is watering)

    Thanks so much for my blog award! How exciting!

    Also want to say thanks for staying in touch & being so supportive throughout my journey. Hope I can provide the same for you honey.

    Hope the post holiday blues go soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip. So relaxing and lots of good food. I hope the assimilation back into real life starts to go better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you Moon! :) 15 is a lot of blogs to award, I'll have to think about this one. Can I break the rules? Anarchy?

    I have exactly the same problem with mosquito bites. Hate them. They are one of the very few animals in the universe that I don't feel bad about killing (although I do acknowledge their "incredible lightness of being". I once wrote an exam essay at university on the mosquito's mouthparts. They are pretty damn incredible. Oh, no, now I do feel bad about squishing them!). Whenever I go to outback Australia I take my mossie net, insect repellent, and vit B supplements. The odd one still gets through though. They seem to prefer me to other people in the vicinity and I think this is because of my fair skin - my veins must pulsate like neon signs in Vegas.

    What a drag to have to carry adrenaline everywhere! I hope you never have to use it. Glad you are back chicklet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award! And we are mosquito capital around here... I guess you just get used to them.

    ReplyDelete